Jobs aborting when invoked by sequence and run on 1 node

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jayanto
Participant

Jobs aborting when invoked by sequence and run on 1 node

Post by Jayanto »

Hello,

I have 5 parallel jobs, which are being invoked sequentially by a Sequence. Running these jobs independently, is not causing any problem; and they are all running fine. But when invoked by the Sequence, either one of them aborts.

Every time a different job aborts, with the error message as "ORCHESTRATE step execution terminating due to SIGINT"

This scenario is happening, if am running the Sequence on a single(1) node. Running it on default number of nodes(32), is'nt causing any issues. But again that is not the standard practice, and will reduce the job performance.

Tried searching for this error, in other threads, in DSXchange. Some said to set the environment variable's 'APT_MONITOR_SIZE' & 'APT_MONITOR_TIME'. But doing that is'nt helping.... :(
Regards,
Jayanto
Jayanto
Participant

Post by Jayanto »

Any Tips....?? :( :(
Regards,
Jayanto
Jayanto
Participant

Post by Jayanto »

Another update, the job aborting each time, is first giving the fatal error "Issuing abort after 50 warnings logged." But I am running the job, with NoLimits for warnings....

Also the Warnings issued above are NullHandling related. Can this be a reason ?? :?
Regards,
Jayanto
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Jayanto wrote:is first giving the fatal error "Issuing abort after 50 warnings logged." But I am running the job, with NoLimits for warnings....
Apparently not.

Why not fix the jobs so they don't log those warnings?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Jayanto
Participant

Post by Jayanto »

@Craig :: Removed the null handling warnings.... But still the job is aborting, with the above specified SIGINT Error.... :( Any Other leads...!!!

Another thing which I tried out, and might be helpful in leading me.... There are 4 jobs within the Sequence. Namely Job1-Job2-Job3-Job4 .

Job 1 -- Running fine both in 1 node & default(32) nodes
Job 2 -- Running fine only on default(32) nodes
Job 3 -- Running only in 1 node
Job 4 -- Running only in 1 node

Any help :?
Regards,
Jayanto
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Make sure you are passing the right config file to all the jobs.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Jayanto
Participant

Post by Jayanto »

@DSguru2B :: Yes I did recheck.... Am passing the same, and the correct configuration file to all the jobs.... :?
Regards,
Jayanto
Jayanto
Participant

Post by Jayanto »

Hi All.... Doing a workaround for the timebeing. :(

Am running one of the Jobs in Default(32) number of nodes, and rest on 1 node. Currently they all are working fine.

But any further update, on how to handle and run them in a single node, will be extremely helpful.... :)
Regards,
Jayanto
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

At this point, with all the obvious reasons discarded, get in touch with IBM.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
pk7
Participant

Post by pk7 »

I have discovered that if a job has too many warnings (50+??) then a signal is sent to interrupt the job. I had the same problem and once I reduced the number of error messages (null handling messages in my case) the problem went away.