Teradata 6706 error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shravya346
Participant

Teradata 6706 error

Post by shravya346 »

when i am trying to load a mainframe file to teradata , i am getting the following error :

Teradata_Connector_6,0: RDBMS code 6706: Field CARD_TRACK1 (CC_TeraAdapter::selectLoadErrorTable1, file CC_TeraAdapter.cpp, line 7,430)

I am able to load the same file into oracle table but not in TD .

the error indicates untranslatable character in the data .

What do i need to do for the data to be loaded into the TD table .....I have tried changing the field to UNICODE character in TD table definition and even then its failing.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

What method (that is, what stage type and what settings) are you using to write to Teradata?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shravya346
Participant

Post by shravya346 »

I am using

seq file >>copy>>TD connector

TD Connector :
Access Method : BULK
shravya346
Participant

Post by shravya346 »

How do i trim these special characters in datastage , is there any way of doing this in DS , if not how can i handle that while extracting from oracle database .
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi Sravya,

What version or Teradata you are using?

We set up our teradata connector stage with following options and the special characters you showed in your post get loaded through DataStage.

Variant:12
Transaction Mode: ANSI
Client Character Set: LATIN1_0A
Automap Characterset coding: Yes

We configured our database to accept LATIN1_0A character set.

Hope this helps.

Aruna.
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Your Parallel NLS Map should be set to ISO-8859-1, which will map cleanly to LATIN1_01A. And all of your character columns should NOT have extended properties set to Unicode.

If your source is Unicode, you need to perform a Ustring to String conversion, before landing to teradata. That should clear up your bad character UNLESS the bad character exists in source data.