SQLSTATE=23000, DBMS.CODE=2601

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mail2krishna79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mail2krishna79 »

Hi, I am getting below warning message. I searched on SQLSTATE=23000 in dsxchange but did not get answer. Can you please tell me what exactly this means?

My job design is Hash file ---->TFM---->ODBC Stage

tgtins.xfm.DW_Root: DSD.BCIPut call to function SQLExecute failed.
SQL statement:INSERT INTO "DW_Root"("Root_Code", "Root_Description", DW_SOURCE, DW_BATCH_ID) VALUES (?,?,?,?)
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.DW_Root' with unique index 'IDX_Site_Code'.
SQLSTATE=01000, DBMS.CODE=3621
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated.

root_Code = "6033"
root_Description = "?-UNKNOWN"
DW_SOURCE = "China"
DW_BATCH_ID = "20110616130116"
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, but isn't the error message clear enough?

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.DW_Root' with unique index 'IDX_Site_Code'
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mail2krishna79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mail2krishna79 »

Craig,
That is the warning message in Datastage director. I don't have any thing other than that warning message.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't need anything more. You have to inspect the data you're sending - you are attempting to insert a record that violates the unique constraint implemented by the index named in the error message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.