Reindexing V8 ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reindexing V8 ?

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

Hey all,

Can someone please help me understand how can we reindex in the new vesion of datastage. Before release 8 it could be done using the command prompt using REINDEX ALL command as far as i rememeber.

Many thanks.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

Is it not possible via Web Console for Information Server?
pandeeswaran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nothing has changed, but the command is (and was) DS.REINDEX ALL.

This indexes the local repository in the project only (which was the only repository in versions earlier than 8.0).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What is going on? What is making you feel that you need to 'reindex' anything?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

The jobs are taking along time to compile now.. as far as i remember i could change the logging method from tables back to the old one (RT_XXX) which made the compilation time less.. does anyone remeber where the flag RT_LOGGING something like this used to be set to 1 for this?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There are several posts here on the subject of "RTLogging", for example one here. That won't help speed up compiles, however. Nor would reindexing.
-craig

DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

ummm any other tips pertaining to this ? :)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not really sure, hence my lack of specifics in the hope someone else would respond. We know sometimes there's a concurrent license issue if we are talking jobs with transformer stages - i.e. only one C++ compile at a time is allowed so it's not that it takes longer to do the actual compile but rather you wait longer for your turn. And before you ask, no I don't know how to check. A search here may turn up the details, however.

Other things that come to mind... does this apply to all jobs? All projects? How busy is your system? How full is your partition? Reaching a limit on allowed directories, inodes, etc? Large number of jobs in the project? Hopefully someone else will chime in here.
-craig