ODBC Connector View Data Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhilashnair
Participant

ODBC Connector View Data Error

Post by abhilashnair »

while trying to view data, on ODBC connector stage, we are getting the following error.

"An exception occurred while trying to send the request to the handler.Request timed out"

The job runs fine but view data is not allowd. Any suggestions ?
Sampath
Participant

Re: ODBC Connector View Data Error

Post by Sampath »

compile the job and check the test connect then view the data i will work
Regards,
Sampath
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

After compiling when I tried to test connect it gave an error agent not available
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure the agent is running. This could be the Node agent (part of Information Server) or it may be a database agent - you will have to determine this, because we can't.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

Just found that the view data works fine via ODBC Enterprise stage. Not sure why the connector is giving issues? As for checking the agent, what is the procedure ?
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

abhilashnair wrote:Just found that the view data works fine via ODBC Enterprise stage. Not sure why the connector is giving issues? As for checking the agent, what is the procedure ?
Any suggestions ?
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Use the Enterprise stage.

ODBC is ODBC, the connector should be just as fast as the enterprise stage.

Don't spin your wheels and waste development time. Throw the question to your admin team, but continue with your developping.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The problem may be with the Connector Access Service. The stack traces and log files (such as SystemOut.log) will help to diagnose whether this is the case. Do you have very many connector stages? If you're not comfortable reading these traces and logs, involve your official support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.