Unable to view data in Teradata Enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jaya_joseph
Participant

Unable to view data in Teradata Enterprise stage

Post by jaya_joseph »

Hi All,

First of all... I have seen many related discussions to the error I am getting, but none of them could really help me and that's the reason why I am posting this again.

I am using Datastage 8.1 parallel.
I have an SQL which is quite complex with multiple inner joins and calculations, but perfectly runs in Teradata SQl assistant.However, when I try to view the data using the same query in Teradata Enterprise stage it is given me many errors like below.

TeraUtils:DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 13300, Code = 3707, Message = Syntax error, expected something like a name or a Unicode delimited identifier or '(' between the 'FROM' keyword and ';'.

<_PEEK_IDENT_> Input dataset does not have field: "<columnname>".
<main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
When checking operator: The modify operator has a binding for the non-existent output field "<columnname>".

I have 17 fields and getting the same errors as above for all of them.I have specified the Database name, datatypes of input and output columns are matching,
I believe that TDE stage is efficient enough to run complex queries....(correct me if I am wrong).

Please help!!!! :cry:
dpsahoo
Participant

Re: Unable to view data in Teradata Enterprise stage

Post by dpsahoo »

Hmm ... can you post the 17 column names here. by any chance do you have a keyword as a column in ur list.
This post is by Durga Prasad
jaya_joseph
Participant

Re: Unable to view data in Teradata Enterprise stage

Post by jaya_joseph »

TF_Transformation: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Accnt_Num".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Crdt_Mngmt_Type_Id".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Crdt_Mngmt_Trtmt_Type_Id".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Total_Balance".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Cnt".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_Current_Balance".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_Current_Cnt".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_30_Balance".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_30_Cnt".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_60_Balance".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_60_Cnt".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_90_Balance".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_90_Cnt".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_120_Balance".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_120_Cnt".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_Over_120_Balance".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "Age_Over_120_Cnt".

I dont think that any of the above column names are keywords... if so then it would not have even run the Teradata SQL assistant...right?
Well.. I forgot to mention that the Datastage I am working on is configured on a single node..(I know this is ridiculous.. but that is what is avaiable at this stage and a better configuration will be made available to me shortly)...I don't know whether this could be a cause for such errors.. but just in case..
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

There's a problem in the query as per the error message which you'd posted earlier. The syntax may be right for SQL assistant but not for Teradata stage.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
braj
Participant

Post by braj »

Problem with SQL Assistant is, it is based on ODBC drivers and hence uses ODBC APIs. To avoid this, you need to change the setting in SQL Assistant and then try running the query there.

In SQL Assistant, Go to Tools -> Options and open Query tab. There uncheck the option for "Allow use of ODBC SQL Extensions in Queries".

Once done, try running your SQL.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Brajesh.
Braj
ppgoml
Participant

Post by ppgoml »

Hi,

If you use user defined sql in the stage, you should add an alias name behind each column in the select list, and the alias name should be mapped to the column name defined in the table metadata.

so the sql should look like this

Code: Select all

select 
c1 Accnt_Num,
c2 Crdt_Mngmt_Type_Id,
from t1
Jack Li