sequential file stage using schema file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivas Guduru
Premium Member
Premium Member

sequential file stage using schema file

Post by srinivas Guduru »

Hi

I am using sequential file stage with schema file but stage is not reading the data and giving warning messages below

When validating export schema: At field "BQR": Exporting nullable field without null handling properties

Field "BQR" delimiter would overrun input buffer, at offset: 2

Import unsuccessful at record 0.

"PROB_DFT_PCT": Exporting nullable field without null handling properties

record
{final_delim=end, record_delim='^', delim='^', quote=none, padchar='#'}

(
BQR:nullable string[2] {null_field=''};

PROB_DFT_PCT:nullable decimal[7,3] {quote=none, null_field=''};

Data file

01^000.090^
02^000.220^
03^000.610^
04^001.400^
05^002.850^
06^005.050^
07^010.250^
08^034.000^

09^095.000^

Canyou please advise me in this regard

Thanks

Srini
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

You have apparently defined the record_delim and delim options to use the same value, as shown in the record schema you provided.

Are the records truly delimited with a '^' character, or do they have a unix linefeed or dos/windows carriage return/linefeed delimiter instead?
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your Sequential File stage used for writing does not have Null Field Value property in the Format or Columns tab, but your design includes at least one column marked as nullable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srinivas Guduru
Premium Member
Premium Member

jwiles wrote:You have apparently defined the record_delim and delim options to use the same value, as shown in the record schema you provided.

Are the records truly delimited with a '^' character, or do they have a unix linefeed or dos/windows carriage return/linefeed delimiter instead?

'^' charecter is there at end of the First and second field(column) in the file. As a field delimeter.

Thanks
Srini
srinivas Guduru
Premium Member
Premium Member

ray.wurlod wrote:Your Sequential File stage used for writing does not have Null Field Value property in the Format or Columns tab, but your design includes at least one column marked as nullable.
what should I specify for Null Field Value property in sequential file property page under Format Tab.

Can you please explain me step by step becz I am new to DS

thanks
Srini
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

So '^' is a field delimiter. Why do you also have it as the record delimiter? Correctly defining the record delimiter should take care of at least part of the problem.

Null Field Value: (BTW, this info is in the Parallel Job Developer Guide...good resource for you to read)

Sequential Files, by their nature, don't have NULL columns (NULL is a particular condition which indicates there is no data for a column). You use the Null Field Value to define the value to place into the sequential file column in place of a NULL when WRITING a file, or what value to INTERPRET as (replace with) a NULL when READING a file.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.