Oracle OCI Stage vs Oracle Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle OCI Stage vs Oracle Connector

Post by dougcl »

Hi folks, I am using the OracleConnectorPX stage to bulk load into an Oracle table.

This morning I starting digging for details in the help about how this stage is working and I stumbled upon the "Oracle OCI Stages."

What is the difference between these and the OracleConnectorPX? Are they one and the same? Does one deprecate the other? Where are the OCI Stages? Should they appear in the toolbox somewhere? I don't see them. I'm wondering if we overlooked something in the install.

Sorry for the dumb questions.
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

The OCI Stage appears in the palette for Datastage Server jobs, not for Parallel jobs. This stage cannot be parallelised by DataStage. So far as I can determine, its functionality is identical to the Dynamic RDBMS Stage in Parallel Jobs (when attached to an Oracle database).

Like the OCI stage, the Dynamic RDBMS also cannot be parallelised. In this respect, the Oracle Connect and Oracle Enterprise stages are superior to OCI and Dynamic RDBMS.
Ross Leishman
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

Thanks Ross.