Teradata Connector TPT Bulk performance

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Chandrathdsx
Participant

Teradata Connector TPT Bulk performance

Post by Chandrathdsx »

I am working on tuning the performance of a job that processes 2-3 billion records. The job Design is read from sequential file [using file pattern, as there will be many files], transform data using transformer and load to Teradata target table using Teradata connection with Bulk/update and Parallel Sync (TPT). I am testing the job with different configurations (GRID/Cluster, partitions etc).
When I run the job on Grid using 2 node 4 partiion (or on Cluster with 8 node config file) I am getting the optimum performace. I am not seeing any difference in performance by varying max sessions/max partition sessions and min sessions.
I would like to know if some thing can be tuned further with 'requested sessions' and 'sessions per player'. But I am not sure how it works with Teradata connector in TPT and what are the environment variables for these? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

The reqeusted sessions and sessions per player are parameters for the TD Enterprise Stage, not the connector. The connector uses the max sessions and max partitions parameters instead.

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.