The call to the sqlldr failed;return code=256

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psmoorthy88
Participant

The call to the sqlldr failed;return code=256

Post by psmoorthy88 »

Hi,

Im having a target Oracle enterprise stage where i load 350 columns from source with little transformations. Im getting an error stating that "The call to the sqlldr failed;return code=256"

But when i reduce the number of columns to around 150 its working fine. But i need all the columns. Please help me in resolving this issue since im new to datastage

Regards
Sundar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There should be more error messages in the log which point to the Oracle loader log files - and the errors should be detailed there.
psmoorthy88
Participant

Post by psmoorthy88 »

ArndW wrote:There should be more error messages in the log which point to the Oracle loader log files - and the errors should be detailed there.
Yes there are errror messages in the log. When i try to view the loader log file specified in the error message via unix, i could only find the same error message(the call to the sqlldr failed;return code=256) in that file

Thanks
Sundar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Either the code 256 means something special or we are stuck here, that is like me asking for your help in getting my car started and telling you "There is a red light on" but not supplying further information.
The Oracle log files created during a load are not only persistent but usually contain far more information than one is interested in. If you only found that one message, then you looked into the wrong file.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Return code 256 is for failed sqlldr call.

There must be some other fatal/warning messages to debug it, so please post any warning/fatal messages in log.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
dsfamily
Participant

Post by dsfamily »

Install fixpack1 .this error will go away