Error msg

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naidu
Participant

Error msg

Post by naidu »

Hi all
I have migrated the job from 7.5 version to 8.1 version and the job runs fine in 7.5 but when i am trying to run the job in 8.1 it shows the following error message. Can any one help me to resolve this error message, below is the error message

TRN_Sales_Check,3: Job aborting due to row limit being reached on output link: LNK_Write_Sales
Thanks
Naidu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It is saying that the link mentioned has a 'Abort after' row limit set in it and that it hit that limit. You need to check that, see why it is happening.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kurapatisrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kurapatisrk »

Where will be this row limit set usually?
Thanks
Ksrk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the link properties, usually accessed from the Output tab of the upstream stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
e1994264
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by e1994264 »

If your job is trying to load rows into database table. Then you need to contact with DBA regarding the size of the table
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This particular error has nothing directly to do with a target table, size or otherwise. It is strictly a DataStage message for an output link with the 'Abort after rows' property set to something other than zero... when that number of rows have been sent down it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cooperjv
Premium Member
Premium Member

How is this property set

Post by cooperjv »

Could someone please let me know how this property is set. I could not find any place to set the link properties. I have checked the output tab of the upsteam stage (in my case a transformer)

Thanks
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Open the Transformer stage properties then click the Constraints icon (yellow chain links) or double click on the Constraints section of the output link (above Derivation), then check under "Abort After Rows." The default value is 0. If the value is not zero, then it means somebody set it to non-zero on purpose.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius