Command Line Documentation -which manual?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smeliot
Participant

Command Line Documentation -which manual?

Post by smeliot »

I've been searching and searching, and cannot find which manual has the command line documentation (dsjob, etc).

Can someone point me to the right one?

thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In previous versions there was a dedicated "Command Line Interface" chapter in both of the Developer's Guide pdf manuals but that no longer seems to be the case. However, I did find a reference to it in the 8.1 Server Job Developer Guide pdf:

For full syntax information, see WebSphere DataStage Development Kit (Job Control Interfaces).

I get the impression you'd need to request that manual as, as far as I can tell, it doesn't ship with the product. And the link in the pdf manual to it is broken.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
smeliot
Participant

Post by smeliot »

Thank you very much, Craig - I feel so much better - my eyesight may be bad, but I wasn't missing it! (only the reference to it ... )

-Susan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Luckily, the Acrobat Reader has an 'advanced search function' where one can tell it to search in all pdf documents in a certain directory, cuts down on the amount of eyeballing required. When searching for "command line interface" didn't really help, I checked for "dsjob" and then found what I posted.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers