creation of reports

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

creation of reports

Post by dnat »

Hi

We have got some requirements to create reports.

We have to compare a file and a table and based on the conditions , we have to give the count.

For example

Col A in file matches Col A in table and Col B in file matches Col B in table--count of this

Col C in file matches Col C in table and Col D in file matches Col D in table--count of this

After getting these outputs, they have to be input in an excel file where the prestored macros/functions are available to calculate the other values.

so, if we input these values in Col A in excel, then other columns will be calculated automatically.

Since the server is in unix, we cannot input this to excel. But is there a way to do that?
sima79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sima79 »

You could load your data into a another database table and then use some VBA code to pull the data into your Excel spreadsheet. You will need to have the database client and API software installed on your local PC. Once you have retrieved it you then can manipulate the data however you like in Excel. It also makes refreshing the data a breeze by re-running the VBA code.

The other option is to create a common separated file and FTP this across to your local PC.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a reporting tool.

DataStage is an ETL tool. DataStage is NOT a reporting tool. Never was, never was intended to be, never will be.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Do a search on completeness. I have developed a series of jobs to calculate measures like this and report on them. You could easily modify my reports and jobs to meet you needs. Completeness is an attempt to do a "sanity check" on a data warehouse. These are simple QA checks to see if all the rows got to the target.

If I was outputing to Excel then I would output to XML. XML can be displayed in Excel.
Mamu Kim