DB2 Connector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 Connector Stage

Post by sjfearnside »

I am researching the remote parallel connectivity to DB2. There has been allot of discussions with the support provider about configuring the environment for the DB2 enterprise stage in DS V8.0.1. It was recommended that we upgrade to V8.1 and use the DB2 connector that is available in V8.1. We were told that the DB2 connector is new to V8.1 and is not currently available in V8.0.1 and at this time there are no plans to make it available in V8.0.1.

I have asked for information on how the connector works and I received a sales bochure. Can anyone point me to some information on how it works? With the DB2 enterprise stage the DSEngine, PXEngine lib/bin and the DSComponents directories, must be copied to the DB server node and the db2nodes.config file must be copied to the ETL server as well as other config settings must be changed to enable the remote parallel connectivity to the DB.

How are these requirments satisfied with the DB2 connector? Any insight would be appreciated.

vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The connector came out in a fix release - I would stick with what you have it is working, the connectors can be unreliable in the very first release. You could download and install the documentation only fix pack and that might give you the DB2 Connector documentation. You can get it from the link in my post http://www.tinyurl.com/dsfixes
Interim fix: is810_JR31951_doc_all
Abstract: This patch installs updated Information Server documentation in PDF format. This patch should be installed on each Information Server client workstation, and additionally on any other tier (service or engine) where you chose to install the documentation.
sima79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sima79 »

After installing the patch for the documentation there is still no mention of the DB2 connector. So it looks like we will have to wait for IBM to release more details. From my limited use of the DB2 connector, you need a DB2 client installed on your server machine. No other configuration was required other than to set the following environment variables:
  • DB2INSTANCE
    INSTHOME
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Out of the box the connector can load/insert data in parallel. It does not require a partitioned database, although there are additional settings for this. No db2nodes.config file is required
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

DSShishya
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSShishya »

I'm having similar issues....
Last edited by DSShishya on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

don't hijack someone else's thread with a different problem - especially not a thread that is marked resolved. Post this question under a new topic.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The DB2 Connector documentation was left out. You need a patch to install it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.