Getting error while importing a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nkbhosle
Participant

Getting error while importing a job

Post by nkbhosle »

While importing a job i am getting error as "cannot get exclusive access to log for job <job name>. please reply ASAP because i am facing this problem while importing the jobs in pre-prod env

Thanks in advance
mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mail2hfz »

Please read this viewtopic.php?t=86415

Do a search on the forum for "cannot get exclusive access".
Check if the job is locked by any user or if no one is accessing that job try to kill it(use LIST.READU command to know who has opened the job and use dsdlockd -p command to clean up)
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well someone already has the Job open so tell them to close (including Job Monitor or Director)

Or

There is a orphanded lock so perform UNLOCK ALL

Or

If your IS 8 and greater then go to IS Console Sessiona Management and disconnect any orphaned sessions....
nkbhosle
Participant

Post by nkbhosle »

mail2hfz wrote:Please read this viewtopic.php?t=86415

Do a search on the forum for "cannot get exclusive access".
Check if the job is locked by any user or if no one is accessing that job try to kill it(use LIST.READU command to know who has opened the job and use dsdlockd -p command to clean up)

I have tried all the options but could not resolve.Actually i have few jobs in preprod env and i want to overwrite the jobs with the import all the jobs have been overwrite but only 1 job i am getting the error "cannot get exclusive access to log for job"
hemanthakumar
Participant

Post by hemanthakumar »

if u restart the server then the deadlock cleared,then u can import the job first try to kill the pid in unix for that job last preference is to restart the server.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

I would not reboot but sure that is a forced solutioin.....

Look for phantoms such as ps -ef | grep pha or ps -ef | grep osh and kill them.....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What did you find when you searched for "cannot get exclusive access to log for job"? It's all explained out there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

you need not to restart the server.

do you know the ID for this job??

just check, if there is any lock for any process or job of this ID , and clear that.