Jobs Migration(urgent)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

budde43
Participant

Jobs Migration(urgent)

Post by budde43 »

Hi

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.If any mistakes forgive me.
We are palnning to migrate our whole project from Datastage 7.5.2 EE to Datastage information server 8.0

We are thinking to import and export our jobs to migrate from older version to newer version.

Is this the correct way or please sujjest any methods to migrate my jobs.
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: Jobs Migration(urgent)

Post by kwwilliams »

Welcome to the forum!

The biggest mistake that can be made in a posting is to mark it as urgent. The people who are responding are not paid to respond and marking it as urgent will probably get a slower response than you would have received without this urgent designation.

I don't see a problem with migrating the code using an import/export.

Keith
budde43
Participant

Re: Jobs Migration(urgent)

Post by budde43 »

kwwilliams wrote:Welcome to the forum!

The biggest mistake that can be made in a posting is to mark it as urgent. The people who are responding are not paid to respond and marking it as urgent will probably get a slower response than you would have received without this urgent designation.

I don't see a problem with migrating the code using an import/export.

Keith
Thanks Keith.

and sorry for that.i will make sure that it wont repeat in my future posts
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi,
As a check-list for your migration, have a list of job types that you are migrating.
- Jobs that have transformers
- Jobs that don't have transformers
- Jobs that read from Databases
- Jobs that write to Databases
- Sequences
- .... anything else that you might have in your site...

Try a sample of each type to make sure all the environment settings are correctly set before brining in your "live" jobs that might be complex to debug.

If you have any jobs that are run from scripts (command line, shell et al.) review the syntax in Version 8.0.

Also, remember there are some good things in V 8.0 if you want to take advantage of
- Parameter Sets
- Flexible repository (folder) structure

Check out the link that contains Ver 8.0 features - by Vincent at http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/infosphere/ ... rver-14257

Good luck,
-V