unable to see the data after inserting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

unable to see the data after inserting

Post by kirankota79 »

Hi...i am inserting rows into oracle table using upsert mode. The job is showing the number of rows it is processing from input to output , but when i see through toad in the table i am not seeing any rows inserted? My job is

dataset---->oracle enterprise stage

Can any one let me know the reason for it?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Add a reject link to your oracle stage and see if any links go down that path.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All the monitor shows is how many records were sent down the link to the database, it is not an indication of how many were successful.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i am running same kind of jobs for around 7 tables and all of them are showing like that and there are no rows in the reject link till now
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

Just a hunch, but were all the records you processed updating records at target? Or do you have zero rows at target?
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

actually there are no rows before in this table. I have truncated all of them and trying to insert new rows.

I tried to insert a row at the database level through sqlplus and it is working and i dont know whats the problem with datastage not able to insert

but when i see from toad it is still not showing the row that i inserted but at sqlplus i am able to see it and the rowcount as 1. In toad rowcount is 0
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

So having run through Datastage, you can see a row was inserted (when using sqlplus) but in Toad you can't see it then. Your issue lies with how Toad is viewing data then I imagine - maybe Toad is looking at a different schema or something? Certainly sounds like Datastage is doing its job from your last description. I haven't got Toad here I'm afraid and it's been a good few years since I did use it, so I can't help any more on the specifics of that I'm afraid.
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You probably have a filter condition set in Toad, if you are looking via the Schema Browser.
-craig

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i am using upsert option. does the insert starts immediately inserting the rows. bcoz...my job ran for 2hrs and aborted in the middle due to connection failure and non of the rows are inserted. What could be the reason for this?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How often are you committing changes?
-craig

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i used time and row interval (ora_upsert) as 1 million (1000000).
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Someone mentioned for you to create a reject link off the Oracle Stage so that you can see if there rejecting vs. actually loading.....I agree bet there rejecting....
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Someone mentioned for you to create a reject link off the Oracle Stage so that you can see if there rejecting vs. actually loading.....I agree bet there rejecting....