Oracle Enterprise connection error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Enterprise connection error

Post by kollurianu »

Hi all,

I am getting following connection error in Oracle enterprise stage

Oracle_Enterprise_59: APT_OraUpsertOperator: connect failed. Environment: user: pppp; password: *****; ORACLE_SID: ; ORACLE_HOME: /orahome9/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1.

What does the Remote Server option mean in the document it says as
remote server information as string.

When I give Data source value in the Remote Server option and then I am getting the connection..

Can some clarify me how does the Oracle Enterprise stage get the
DataSourceName info..

Thank you all in advance,
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Remote Server is the IP Address or Hostname of the Oracle database server. Its optional because if you have a tnsnames.ora file created properly then it gets its information there.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

trokosz wrote:Remote Server is the IP Address or Hostname of the Oracle database server. Its optional because if you have a tnsnames.ora file created properly then it gets its information there.
Thanks for your response, where/how to check the tnsnames.ora file is created properly.

Thank you
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Search for tnsnames.ora within your Oracle Home location in Admin/network location and edit the file. But the only one that can change is the Oracle DBA (Admin rights) so approach your DBA and just ask them.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

remote server =ORACLE_SID, The database name