Datastage Installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Datastage Installation

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I am carrying out a installation for DS 8x in Windows Environment. At the middle of the installation it is asking for the Domain, Username, Password and Server name.

We have given it as

Domain: Servername:9080
Username:dsadmin(created during installtion steps)
Password:
Servername: ServerIP

I am getting the below error message while providing the above details,

"Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected domain
could not connect to the server on port 9080."

Please let me know if anyone has come across this error.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajeev
satya99
Participant

Post by satya99 »

Go to mycomputer--> properties --> look for computer name

Try passing the computer name as domain name.

Good luck
satya
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Did you go into the IS Console and add the Domain and roles for dsadmin? After that did you go into DS Admin GUI and add dsadmin with the Developer role? Is the WAS and DB2 Repository and ASBNode process running?

After all that you should be able to authenticate.....
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Trokosz,

Me too stuck up with the same Installation issue.

Is it possible to get into the IS console even before the installation completes?

I just started new installation with the Server.exe , at some point it asked for Local registry or internal registry, we chose local registry and it asked for the admin username and password and one other username and password. We have the given the same.

At 28% of installation (that is at Webspher appllicatin server installation) there is popup box asking for domain, username, password, server name.

I tried going into the console you mentined, thro http://servername:9080/ . But its not getting into this page.

So at this point is it possible for me to enter into the console and add the Domain and roles for dsadmin?

or is there any other way/procedure to give the domain name?

Please help me out on this.

Thanks,

Senthil P
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

No you can't go into IS Console until install is completed. Why it asks in the middle of your install for Doamin and so on is weird.....Call Support...

Local registry implies OS or you add Users outside of IS like in the DS 7.5 < days vs. internal which would allow one OS UserID and all others are added within IS (this is new to IS).

Good luck
satya99
Participant

Post by satya99 »

Let us know what installation step you followed before you ended up with message.

we can help you from there.

Good luck
satya
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Satya,

I am instllaing the IBM websphere datastage v 8.0 in my machine with following configuration:

windows 2003 enterprise edn with service pack 2. Java sdk, .net v 3, Ms Visual studio 2005 are the addn softwares installed.
Enough memory space in C drive.

I have given the required credentials asked during installation.

It started well but at 52% of installation it throws the error message "Error installing the domain components, see the log file"

In the log file am not able to trace whats the issue is, there is no any specific error given in that.

Seems, DB2 is installed properly. I am installing db2 along with the DS software.

what could be the problem?

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks,

Senthil P
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well Domain Components points to the IBM WebSphere Metadata Server (WAS) installation and can also include IBM WebSphere Business Glossary and IBM Information Server Web console. I don't see the errors (the one you show is to general) but I say its the WAS install thats the issue. Did you precreate a UserID such as wasadmin with Admin rights?
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

HI Trokosz,

Thanks for your input.

I have precreated userid with admin rights only for db2admin. Not for web sphere application server such as webadmin...while installing i gave webadmin with password but that is not precreated.

so let me try precreating the webadmin with admin rights and start installing, would get back to you...

Thanks,

Regards,
Senthil P
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

HI Trokosz,

Thanks for your input.

I have precreated userid with admin rights only for db2admin. Not for web sphere application server such as webadmin...while installing i gave webadmin with password but that is not precreated.

so let me try precreating the webadmin with admin rights and start installing, would get back to you...

Thanks,

Regards,
Senthil P
senthilt1
Participant

Installed 8i...But client not conn to the Server...

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi,

I created the webadmin and infoadmin with admin rights before installing.

Now both the server and clients are installed successfully.

Then i logged into webconsole with the credentials and created the new users with all permissions and roles. I saved it and logged out.

While connecting the Designer client, it asks for the domain, it is already in the dropdown list as localhost:9080. I gave the username and password which i created in webconsole. when i click the project dropdown, it displays the project name which i created while installing and one other project name as analyzerproject.

I selected the project which i created and clicked ok.

But it says the error message as" Failed to connect to the server, machine name (username and password incorrect)"

I am sure the username and passwords are correct as per the webconsole.

I have installed client, server and all other components in a same machine.

Kindly help me out to resolve this issue....

Thanks,

Regards,
Senthil P
senthilt1
Participant

Re: Installed 8i...

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi All,

I installed 8i successfully..Thanks a lot Trokoz and Thanks everyone for your help.

The only thing i have done is, I precreated the users in my local machine with admin rights and then created the same users in web console. Now am able to connect to the server well.

Thanks,

Regards,
Senthil P