Compiled Date in DataStage Repository

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

etlbets
Premium Member
Premium Member

Compiled Date in DataStage Repository

Post by etlbets »

We are using Parallel jobs and I have been able to get a nice text report using DS_AUDIT. I am trying to find the compiled date that appears in the dsx exports. I am sure that this is probably in this forum but I am having a hard time finding it.

I am just looking for a simple query that lists the job name, when it was imported, who imported it,what category the job belongs to, and when it was compiled. I have all but the compiled date.

I have already tried using the doc tool but it is not very helpful for Parallel jobs.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Bren
etlbets
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The compiled date of a job (or job sequence) is stored in the ROOT record for that job in the DS_JOBOBJECTS table in DataStage internal format. The compiled date of a routine is stored in the DS_ROUTINES table in DataStage internal format.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
etlbets
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by etlbets »

If I read your e-mail correctly the compiled date is in ds_jobobjects but can not be printed. Or are you saying that I can do a select against ds_jobobjects and list the date.

Thanks for your response.
etlbets
Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rubu »

Hi Ray,

I did

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE @ID LIKE '%<JobId>%' AND OBJNAME LIKE 'ROOT%'
The answereset is
Object type........ J
Object record id... 13
Object record name. ROOT
Description........
There is not Date displayed here. Again, I couldnot find any Date column in DS_JOBOBJECTS table. Am I missing something?
Regards
Palas
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

And that would be because you used SQL against an undocumented internal file. The attributes stored within DS_JOBOBJECTS are not properly defined in the dictionary. You'll want to do a "LIST.DICT DS_JOBOBJECTS" to get what is defined, then explicitly name the columns in your SQL. Anything else you may have interest in will have to come thru experimentation to find. I suggest a raw text dump of the root record using "CT DS_JOBOBJECTS J\13\ROOT".
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Compiled date is one of the undocumented columns. It is not accessible as a column name. You need to work out which field contains it, and use an EVAL construct to access it.

Actually, I just took a look at DS_JOBOBJECTS and can't find the compilation date. I may need to get back to you on that.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rubu »

Thanks Ray!
Regards
Palas
etlbets
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by etlbets »

ray.wurlod wrote:Compiled date is one of the undocumented columns. It is not accessible as a column name. You need to work out which field contains it, and use an EVAL construct to access it.

Actually, I just took a look at DS_JOBOBJECTS and can't find the compilation date. I may need to get back to you on that.
Did you find the compile date by any chance.

Thanks
etlbets
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not at the top of my priority list. The project I'm being paid to work on is nearing a deadline.
etlbets
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by etlbets »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's not at the top of my priority list. The project I'm being paid to work on is nearing a deadline.
Understand completely. Thanks for the help.
etlbets
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Compiled date is field #31 of the RT_CONFIGnnn JOB record for the job.