Master Sequence is not restartable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Master Sequence is not restartable

Post by chulett »

parag.s.27 wrote:But still if any of the subsequence S1, S2 or S3 fails then the master sequence M1 is not getting aborted, but is showing Finished(See Log)
Interesting thought. I've been assuming that the 'fails' mentioned above means 'aborted' but perhaps that's not the case. If the "sub-sequences" don't abort then you can't expect the "master sequence" to do the same without all of the shenanigans you've resorted to.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
parag.s.27
Participant

Re: Master Sequence is not restartable

Post by parag.s.27 »

chulett wrote:
parag.s.27 wrote:But still if any of the subsequence S1, S2 or S3 fails then the master sequence M1 is not getting aborted, but is showing Finished(See Log)
Interesting thought. I've been assuming that the 'fails' mentioned above means 'aborted' but perhaps that's not the case. If the "sub-sequences" don't abort then you can't expect the "master sequence" to do the same without all of the shenanigans you've resorted to.
No here it means abort only..I am able to abort the subsequences S1, S2, S3 but even if any of these get aborted, then also the Master Sequence M1 shows, Finished(See Log)

Even If I use an Exception Handler or, The "Automatically Handle" option, It is not able to Abort the master sequence.

Till now the design I showed for restartability is working, But I haven't tried for failing of S3 in the same design. May be the suggestion you were giving is quite right. I'll try and abort the subsequence S3 and will check if it is restartable
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0
SHARAD123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SHARAD123 »

Hi,
I am too facing a similar problem. The fact is that; the jobs inside the sequence aborts, which is like successfully executed the sequence.
Therefore it returns with the return status 1 and starts executing the next sequence.

So to abort it, then instead of using a sequencer better write a job control to handle the jobs.

This should solve the problem

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've said all I can say on this subject. I know how it works and it works just fine for me. So we're either missing some vital bit of information or they've broken some aspect of this in the 8.x version. Going to repeat this one last time...

Open a case with your official Support provider. Have them explain what the heck is going on and then let us know what you find out so we can bring closure to this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
parag.s.27
Participant

Post by parag.s.27 »

chulett wrote:I've said all I can say on this subject. I know how it works and it works just fine for me. So we're either missing some vital bit of information or they've broken some aspect of this in the 8.x version. Going to repeat this one last time...

Open a case with your official Support provider. Have them explain what the heck is going on and then let us know what you find out so we can bring closure to this.
Hi Chulett,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, we'll try and open a discussion with support, and will let all the people know in this forum, if we get some response
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0