Datastage log in issue Version *

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anandkumarm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage log in issue Version *

Post by anandkumarm »

We installed Version 8 almost 10 weeks back .Every thing was working fine till yesterday.From yesterday no one were able to log in .It gives an error message saying"""///Failed to get groups for user(Suiteadmin).Unable to begin a transaction.error opening repository.Error initializing persistence manager module////""".
I bounced the server everything came up back normally. But Iam still not able to log in..
I even checked if any thing is corrupted on the project side

I ran bin/UV with out any errors.
I even ran the following commands
LOGTO {YourProjectName} (no errors)
COUNT VOC (Returned saying 817 rows)
QUIT

Can any one please help me ......
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

With Version 8 the metadata repository is not longer exclusively within the DS Engine - and your error message indicates that something has changed with your access rights to the repository.

a) What database is your repository in? Is that database up and running?
b) Has someone changed the Websphere IIS user configuration - check to see that the groups and associations are still correct.
anandkumarm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anandkumarm »

ArndW wrote:With Version 8 the metadata repository is not longer exclusively within the DS Engine - and your error message indicates that something has changed with your access rights to the repository.

a) What database is your repository in? Is that database up and running?
b) Has someone changed the Websphere IIS user configuration - check to see that the groups and associations are still correct.

I did a default installation..So the repository is a DB2 database(Correct me if Iam wrong)

doing a REINDEX ALL on the DB work??

No one touched the websphere user configaration. Our Unix team added an user yesterday(Not to our group) from then on we are seeing this problem.
Is there any other stuff I need to check?
And also can you please tell me how to check if some thing have changed in the Websphere IIS user configaration from command prompt??

I think even to change that configaration you can only do that thru webconsole..but no one are able to log in to webconsole...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The "REINDEX ALL" only applies to the DS Engine and that is not where your problem lies.

I would certainly talk with the system administrators about what they did; it does seem to have affected your repository connectivity.

What error do you get when you try to login to Websphere via the web client?
anandkumarm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anandkumarm »

ArndW wrote:The "REINDEX ALL" only applies to the DS Engine and that is not where your problem lies.

I would certainly talk with the system administrators about what they did; it does seem to have affected your repository connectivity.

What error do you get when you try to login to Websphere via the web client?
This is the Error Iam getting when trying to connect to the webserver with webconsole...

"""///Failed to get groups for user(Suiteadmin).Unable to begin a transaction.error opening repository.Error initializing persistence manager module////""".
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I would ask your admin people (again) what they actually changed and if they could revert the changes to see if you can access once again.

If not, I would call your support provider for assistance. It really looks like an IIS Websphere connectivity issue and not (directly) a DataStage one.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Suiteadmin is a role in Information Server - it is unrelated to DataStage. Perhaps the Information Server login/security service has failed for some reason. Did anyone change anything?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

First, check your SystemOut.log file to see what's the error message. Second, go to Webshpere Admin. console, //server:9043/ibm/console, check Global Security's configuration to see whether Global enable security box has been checked or JAAS configuration has been changed.