Issue with PX installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Issue with PX installation

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi All,

I've installed DS EE 7.5.2 on my PC. When I click on 'new' on the designer's menu,the pop up window doesn't have the options like New Server Job, New Server Sequence, New server shared container..etc. It has options only relevant to parallel. I believe that option to create server jobs/sequences is part of PX. Do I miss out anything during installation.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me out on this issue.

Thanks,
Sumesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The options for server components are only available if whoever installed the DataStage server licensed both parallel and server engines. It is perfectly possible to license the parallel engine only, which I believe is what has happened. You can verify this on the Licensing tab of the Administrator client - you can even license the server engine there (without re-installing) if you are logged in as the Administrator and have the pertinent authorization code.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. I've done the installation myself. Does the licensing happen during installation or it is a separate process?Can I license the server engine now and make available the server components? If so, how can it be done? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sumesh
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Yes you can. As advised log on to the Datastage Administrator client and go to the license tab and update it with the new authorization details.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Yes you can. As advised log on to the Datastage Administrator client and go to the license tab and update it with the new authorization details.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

us1aslam1us,

Thanks for the reply. Do u have any idea on what details need to be provided for authorization? You mean the DS Server Edition License details?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. All you need is the additional authorization code.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.