Installation of DS 7.5.2 on AIX 5.3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sarat.srinivas@tcs.com
Participant

Installation of DS 7.5.2 on AIX 5.3

Post by sarat.srinivas@tcs.com »

Hi All,
I want to install Datastage 7.5.2 on AIX 5.3.
I have refered to the available user manuals but could not find anything specific to AIX 5.3.
I want to know the issues and problems faced while doing the installation process. Could anyone, who have already installed datastage on AIX5.3 , share the same?
Thanks!
V.Sarat Srinivas
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

I think 7.5.2 (usually referred to as 7.5X2) is meant only to run on windows platforms. Therefore you should not expect to find any documentation for installing on AIX. Might want to check into 7.5.1 .

- Greg
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

gsherry1 wrote:I think 7.5.2 (usually referred to as 7.5X2) is meant only to run on windows platforms.
No, 7.5.2 and 7.5x2 are two completely different versions. You are correct in that the 'x' version is Windows only and was 'special' in that it was the only version before the 8.x release that could run PX jobs on Windows. The 7.5.2 version is basically available on all platforms and is (as far as I know) the last 7.x version before 8 was released.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Installation of DS 7.5.2 on AIX 5.3

Post by chulett »

sarat.srinivas@tcs.com wrote:I have refered to the available user manuals but could not find anything specific to AIX 5.3.
You couldn't find anything specific to the 5.3 version of AIX or for AIX in general? The latter is found where you would expect it to be - in the Install and Upgrade Guide under the Installing on UNIX Systems chapter.

If there were any known 'gotchas' for that particular version, I'm sure they would be noted there or in the Release Notes. You could always contact your official Support provider and ask them - that's how I found out the only extra little tweak needed for HP/UX running Itanium processors that bit me after having only done so on PA-RISC boxes.
-craig

manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Installation of DS 7.5.2 on AIX 5.3

Post by manuel.gomez »

chulett wrote: that's how I found out the only extra little tweak needed for HP/UX running Itanium processors that bit me after having only done so on PA-RISC boxes.
what do you mean with this? I am installing on a Itanium machine, and I am interesting in gathering all possible information
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For HP-UX on Itanium, the installer either doesn't install a link for an Oracle library or it puts it in the wrong place. Support sent me the command to create a softlink so that DataStage could find what it needed for Oracle connectivity, nothing Oracle related worked before that even though I had configured everything correctly on my end.

Doubt that's true for all Itanium installations.
-craig