Reusing same job to load multiple tables of different DDL.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Reusing same job to load multiple tables of different DDL.

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello Forum,

Is it possible to use the same load job to load multiple load files with different columns and delimiters to different target tables.

My idea was to use parameterized schema files to handle/parse the load file, and parameters for the rest of the connectivity information. I've done such things with normal ETL processing before, but was wondering if there is something special about the load stages that might make using schema files not work.

Thanks,

Greg
aakashahuja
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aakashahuja »

Not sure if schema files work with database stages..... !!!!! you might want to check that out...

Cheers
Aakash
L'arrêt essayant d'être parfait… évoluons.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's possible; it's not best practice.

Parameterized schema files for the source files, and rely on RCP and parameterized table names for the loads.

No guarantees - you may need to tweak some other aspects.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

gsherry1 wrote :"multiple load files with different columns and delimiters to different target tables".

Different columns can be handled by using RCP. Different tables using parameters. But different delimiters? can that be handled? i have a similar requirement and i am using a multi instance job. But the source files are all DataSets. So not sure if different delimiters can be handled?
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

since u said different "delimiters" i assumed it to be sequential file. Is that correct?