ODBC driver error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Maveric
Participant

ODBC driver error

Post by Maveric »

Stagename,0: [DataDirect][ODBC 20101 driver]7500.
Database is DB2. I am getting this fatal error twice in my job but the job finishes sucessfully.The job is running perfectly fine otherwise. The stage where it is coming from has a select statement that retrieves 4 fields and about 3000 records from DB2. Is this a problem with datastage or DB2? I never got this warning before.

Also the '0' next to the stagename denotes the node? If so then both the warnings are coming from the same node (node 0) and i am using a four node configuration. Does the ODBC stage run only in sequntial mode?

Thanks in advance.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Is that all there is to the error? Do you have any other error messages? Need more info then that.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use the score to determine whether your ODBC Enterprise stage is operating in sequential mode. As a general rule, though, it will, for a SELECT statement. So does the Oracle Enterprise stage.

This error is coming from the ODBC driver (and not from DB2). Contact Data Direct to see if they can shed any more light on it. There doesn't seem to be any documentation in the branded_odbc directory about error codes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

There are no other warnings or errors in the job log. This error is coming twice and the job is finishing sucessfully. And the ODBC stage where the error is coming from, is retrieving the data. I have pasted the full error message here.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, as I said, the error is being generated by the driver. Contact the driver vendor (Data Direct) to find out what 7500 means.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

We have raised a ticket with the database administrator. I will post the resolution once i receive it.
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

ray.wurlod wrote:Yes, as I said, the error is being generated by the driver. Contact the driver vendor (Data Direct) to find out what 7500 means. ...
I tried that before. It didn't work for us because we don't own a copy from datadirect. We have to contact IBM to have them open the case with datadirect.
RobertScarbrough
Participant

Post by RobertScarbrough »

I just called DataDirect yesterday about my issue and Ultramundane is right. They will not help with a branded ODBC, you must contact IBM for the issue. I thought all the messages would be somewhere in /branded_odbc/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES. I think it will give you the number like that when it either can't find it in there or the locale isn't properly configured. DataDirect's website does have some good KB articles on it.