Non-Standard EBCDIC -> ASCII translation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

ArndW,

Thank you for your response.

I understand how I can use your routine from Job Control and open up a file and convert strings at specified offsets.

However, I think your proposed solution was suggesting that this routine be called from a transformer. Since you proposed a BASIC routine, were you suggesting I call these from the BASIC transformer in an SMP environment?

Also, would I not have to do something to prevent DataStage from already performing it's default translation when the Sequential File/CFF is used to parse the file? I guess I would have to set the PIC X fields on my CFF to some other datatype to prevent any translation before the BASIC transformer.

- Greg
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Remove my post - I wasn't paying attention to the PX/Server forum flag. The code would be quite similar in C++ should you wish to put in your own code.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Unfortunately, 7.5X2 does not support NLS.
I am currently running 7.5x2 with NLS enabled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

ray.wurlod wrote: I am currently running 7.5x2 with NLS enabled.
That's very interesting to hear Ray.

Both vendor support and the Enterprise Edition for Windows documentation recommended not installing it:
Do not check the NLS install box. NLS is not supported with the 7.5x2 release of DataStage Enterprise Edition on Windows.
Have you encountered any strange behavoir as a result of installing or using NLS? Did you had to perform any extra tweaking to get it working?

- Greg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

To be honest, I have not processed any non-English data with it. But there was some investigation I wanted to do with maps and locales. They seem to come up and load OK using default locations. Here's the message from the event log.
DataStage information message: Shared memory addresses: Disk=0x08000000, Printer=0x09000000, NLS=0x0A000000, Catalog=0x0B000000.
and
DataStage information message: 14 NLS Character Set Maps loaded in 109732 bytes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.