Access remote file from Sequential Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

s_avneet
Participant

Access remote file from Sequential Stage

Post by s_avneet »

Hi ALL.

I am trying to access a file from remote server using seq file stage.
The remote location is a shared folder and dsadm user has been granted access to the drive.

i can access the shared drive through putty using dsadm creds, but not able to access it from my job,

i tried to hard code //ip/path/filename but getting No such file or directory error.

Any pointers?
Avneet
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

The DataStage job will have visibility to local directories only...I'm afraid that you would need to mount the directory to the DS server and open up the permission to the user executing the DS jobs. If by shared you meant mounted directory then check the permissions on the "shared" directory and the user running the DS job...
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
s_avneet
Participant

Post by s_avneet »

Any pointers how do i mount?
Avneet
chandu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandu123 »

Are you using Specific file or File pattern option in Seq stage?
HB
atul9806
Participant

Post by atul9806 »

You can not mount, Only root user can. Ask your Linux Admin team to mount remote drive to datastage server
~Atul Singh
<a href=http://www.datagenx.net>DataGenX</a> | <a href=https://www.linkedin.com/in/atulsinghds>LinkedIn</a>
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

I'm wondering if Sequential File is the best stage for this. Have you tried File Connector?
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872