DataStage Job as Web Service Warning Limit?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Job as Web Service Warning Limit?

Post by gsbrown »

I can't seem to find a configuration anywhere, but is it possible to enable "Abort Job after x number of warnings" with a DataStage job enabled as a Web Service?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I kind of doubt it but not sure.

If you could force it to abort, then I think ISD would simply start a new instance of the job as soon as it aborts.

What problem are you trying to solve?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gsbrown »

Had an issue where the database abnormally terminated the session and DataStage just spun this warning over and over and never actually aborted to start a new session. Interested in seeing if I could force this situation to rollover into a new instance.

7:03 AM [DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC]FATAL 1: Connection Terminated 7:03 AM [DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC]Communication link failure
7:27 AM [DataStage][SQL Client]Function call is illegal at this point
7:30 AM [DataStage][SQL Client]Function call is illegal at this point
7:36 AM [DataStage][SQL Client]Function call is illegal at this point
7:41 AM [DataStage][SQL Client]Function call is illegal at this point
.....and many more until I manually stopped it
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Years ago this was a setting in RTI, the predecessor of ISD, but I recall making my own notes that recognized that this setting was not carried over to the Application Dev and Deployment dialog when creating a new ISD service. Not sure of the best way to resolve this --- several releases ago the Connectors were updated so that they could time-out and disconnect from the source and then re-connect when a new request comes thru (so that long running Jobs with lookups would not hold onto a connection, nor abort the Job if the connection failed), but don't know for sure if those settings would help you here...but it might be worth digging into....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Some of the Connectors also have settings to force an abort when certain warnings are encountered. If you have looked through all the settings and not found one that does what you need, then try contacting Support.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius