Warnings in DB2 to Oracle Enterprise Migration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sarathchandrakt
Participant

Warnings in DB2 to Oracle Enterprise Migration

Post by sarathchandrakt »

There is an Old job in my project where a simple DB2 to Oracle migration is going on with out any transformation. Db2 and Oracle Enterprise Stage is used, not the connectors. I am running the job in DS8.7 now. The Source Table data looks like this,

Column_Name Size
COLUMN1 10
COLUMN2 20
COLUMN3 4

When I run the Job, I am getting warnings in DB2 stage that,

'The Size specified to the column COLUMN3(4) is less than that of source table column (20); Data Truncation may result'

This is happening in many similar type Jobs, the length of COLUMN3 is campared with length of COLUMN2... The Order in which I wrote the Custom SQL, the order in which I added columns and the order in which the columns are present in table is same. There are similar posts in the forum but none have comeup with a solution. Please help.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

You can double check the length of that column in database, however It would help if you post unedited warning message.

Also you can try to delete that stage and link attached to it and then add a fresh oracle enterprise stage.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
thurmy34
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thurmy34 »

Hi
I understand that you are migrating to the 8.7 version.
If it's true you are facing a bug , we had that a year ago .
In my opinion the patch_JR46185 is for you.
Regards
Hope This Helps
Regards