Check client IP address

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

Check client IP address

Post by xinhuang66 »

We are using Datastage 8.7, Generic user id is used by development team here.

Just want to know if there is any way to find out client IP address run datastage jobs.

From the job log, we can see the user id who run the job, but since it is a generic user, we don't really know who actually run it.

If client ip address can be find, it will help to locate who actually run the job.

Also, another simliar question is how to find which project user is currently login into ?
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Check client IP address

Post by SURA »

xinhuang66 wrote:how to find which project user is currently login into ?
If the UNIX ver have web console then you can see who connected from which machine, but not sure to find after the event!!

But if you think it logically, you can see in the unix log about who logged at what time etc. Try something like finger , who, last command in unix, if you have a necessary permission !

In Datastage this information could be captured in xmeta which is the black box and not sure any other files in the DS could have captured!
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
xinhuang66
Participant

Re: Check client IP address

Post by xinhuang66 »

Thanks, it looks to me Datastage has bits and pieces, but not the whole picture.

In ISauditLog, there are user, client machine name and login time, information there. In DS job log, user run the job is there too.

But there is no client ip, which trigger the job run data. It might be recorded in xmeta, but how to find out is an isue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the user is currently logged in from a DataStage Designer or Director client, then it is easy to ascertain the project to which that user is attached. For each such connected user a shared lock is taken on !&DSADMIN.projectname&! to serve as a quick way for administrative utilities to determine whether exclusive access can be had to the project. Simply viewing the locks (LIST.READU etc.) will display this information.

The IP address used to be recorded in the DS_LICENSE table for currently connected users. I can't recall whether they'd stopped using this in version 8.5, but it's worth a try.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM DS_LICENSE;
from the Administrator client command tool. I'm pretty sure that it's not used in version 8.7 and later.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.