Strange Lookup warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Enzopre
Participant

Strange Lookup warning

Post by Enzopre »

Hi at all

I'm using a lookup stage in datastage 8.7, but i get a strange warning as the follow:

Lookup: When checking operator: Dropping component "CUSTOMER_NUMBER" because of a prior component with the same name.

Customer_Number is the lookup key and so it is present both reference link and primary link.

I had used the lookup stage also in datastage 8.1 in the same way but i did not got this warning.

Can anyone help me?

regards.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
Change the column name in one of the link and try again.
crystal_pup
Participant

Post by crystal_pup »

As per the 8.7 development guide - "The lookup key columns do not have to have the same names in the primary and the reference links".So using "CUSTOMER_NUMBER" as the key column name in both the links shouldn't throw any warning. As Prasoon suggested, for the time being use different column names and it should work.

Also, In case you are able to find out why the warning is being generated when the key column names are same, then let us know as well :)
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
Even in the case you are getting the warning and names are not duplicate in both the input links,they are usually being propagated invisibly through the job because RunTime Column Propagation is turned on.
Enzopre
Participant

Post by Enzopre »

hi,

the problem is resolved. In the output page of lookup stage properties i have unchecked the "Runtime Column propagation" option and the warning is disappeared.

Now, the question is: Why? :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Because CUSTOMER_NUMBER column was being propagated even though not named on the link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.