Performance of job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kennyapril
Participant

Performance of job

Post by kennyapril »

Hello,

I was trying to check the performance analysis of a datastage job in 8.5 using the performance analysis tab in the data stage director for a particular job .

It says no performance data files available, can anyone please suggest me how to check the performance for a job.

Thank you
Regards,
Kenny
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Actually after posting the topic, I could find a solution for this topic which I did not find earlier.

I could see a status report now when clicked the performance analysis on top tabs after selecting the option record performance in job properties.

Report looks very good as a diagram but for some reason it is getting frozen many times in the middle and a new window pops up saying harvesting in progress. Please suggest do I need to do anything to stop freezing the performance analysis

Also when I looked in the server for performance directory I found the report in XML format which is not clear, it is like continuos sentences all together. Is there any other way to check the report?

Thank you
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you run a job with collection of performance data enabled those data are collected in XML files. These are not intended for human consumption. The "harvesting" reported in the Performance Analaysis tool is basically the reading of these files. Some reports have to read more XML files than others.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Thank you Ray

When I see the CPU usage for each stage in the performance analysis...I see that some stages the graph is in red color and some in blue color.

The size of the graph shows how much performance is utilized which is clear but why is there a color difference between stages?

Is there any specific difference between the colors?
Regards,
Kenny