Fasttrack istool import error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fasttrack istool import error

Post by cdp »

What is the correct syntax to import Fasttrack assets into a different Fasttrack project?

According to IBM documentation and tech notes on this topic, they indicate that the following syntax for the import process needs to be used:

Code: Select all

import -u admin -p admin100 -dom EVEREST -ar ft_archive1.isx -fasttrack '-dsNamespace=EVEREST/DSProject'
But putting in my own parameters returns the error "ERROR: Unknown option: -fasttrack"

Tech note #1446771 indicates that the -ft command, instead of -fasttrack, option needs to be used but I get the same error: 'Unknown option: -ft'

Any idea where I might be going wrong with this?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I ran into that same error before also. In my case I was trying to use istool on the server and found out that for fasttrack, you have to run istool from the client tier (it's in the Admin Guide; it just didn't jump out at me).

You might also try adding :9080 (or your port number) on the domain option after your server name.

After the -ft or -fasttrack option, I used two single quotes '' as an empty string.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Run the istool utility on the client side only as far as FastTrack is concerned.Use the below link for more information.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... mmand.html
Arvind
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Please try the variations I suggested above as well as leaving out the = sign according to the syntax given rather than the example from the doc. I'm curious what you will find out. When I got it to work it was by using '' only at the end, as in the 2nd example from the docs. I had also added the -v or -verbose option as well (FYI).
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Replace the -ft options of '-dsNamespace=server/project' with '-onNameConflict rename' then you will end up with a new FT project with "_New" appended on the end of the project name. Open it up in FT and go to the project properties. From there you can rename the project to any name you want. I don't know of any other way, but then again I've not used istool with -ft options except for a few times here and there as already outlined above.