Complex flat file with multiple records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

r29g18
Participant

Complex flat file with multiple records

Post by r29g18 »

Hi There, I have a problem while reading multiple record types using Complex Flat file. My input file is coming from Mainframes in EBCDIC (Binary) format and it has three record types in it; Header, Detail and Trailer. I have defined three record definitions in CFF stage along with the Record Id specifications ( for each record type, the first column represents the record type).I have configured the CFF stage as below.

File Options: Record Type - Fixed Block
Record Options: Byte Order -Big endian; Data format- binary ; Character set: EBCDIC.

With the above settings in the CFF stage I am not able to read the file. But
When I tried to read the same file in server job then CFF stage giving me the expected output, but the job is getting aborted when try to read the file (Header,Detail along with the Trailer) using CFF stage in parallel job .

Can anyone help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance!
Ria
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible
r29g18
Participant

Post by r29g18 »

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
Ria
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Ria,

How are you trying to read the file in parallel job? Is it through view data? Did you checked the record layout?

It is very easy work with CFF stage in a server job. Because a server job doesn't complain about a data type and I also read some where CFF stage was initially a server stage later brought into parallel pallette.

Please post what error you are getting so taht we can try to help you.

Aruna.
r29g18
Participant

Post by r29g18 »

Hi Aruna

Thanks for quick response..:)
Yes iam trying to read file through view data but its throwing an error i.e

>##E TCOS 000003 13:23:23(001) <main_program> Syntax error: Error in "import" operator: Error in operator arg: In field "SDW": Expected ";", got: "-", line 323
>Expected operator name, got: ")", line 346; text: import;

>)
>Error in "jobmon_ident" operator: Error in output redirection: Error in output parameters: Error in modify adapter: Expected ';' or ','; got: "-", line 360
>
>##E TCOS 000029 13:23:23(002)

and i have cross checked record layout.Iam able to read that file in server job not in parallel.
I have one doubt my datastage version is 7x not 8x is this reason of that.

Thanks in advance....
Ria
r29g18
Participant

Post by r29g18 »

Any advice and suggestion is appreciated

Thanks
Ria
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

I am not sure whether Version 7 parallel CFF stage support reading multiple records. I only worked on multiple record formats in version 8. For our version 7 we used server jobs for CFF multiple record layouts.
r29g18
Participant

Post by r29g18 »

Any suggestion that whether Version 7 parallel CFF stage support reading multiple records or not ?

Thanks in advance
Ria
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure... you could always ask your official support provider and let us know what you find out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
r29g18
Participant

Post by r29g18 »

Can anyone throw light why this error is coming while reading file throw view data

>##E TCOS 000003 13:23:23(001) <main_program> Syntax error: Error in "import" operator: Error in operator arg: In field "SDW": Expected ";", got: "-", line 323
>Expected operator name, got: ")", line 346; text: import;

>)
>Error in "jobmon_ident" operator: Error in output redirection: Error in output parameters: Error in modify adapter: Expected ';' or ','; got: "-", line 360
>
>##E TCOS 000029 13:23:23(002)

Thanks
Ria
r29g18
Participant

Post by r29g18 »

Any suggestions how to proceed further ??
Ria
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

To quote Craig...
chulett wrote:Not sure... you could always ask your official support provider and let us know what you find out.
I second that.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius