Error for DB2 job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hrthomson
Participant

Error for DB2 job

Post by hrthomson »

Hello

I'm running into an error in my production environment that I'm not getting in any other environment. The job runs a couple of SQL statements using the DB2 API stage. The first stage gets the latest records from a table and the 2nd stage deletes from another table where the keys match. The errors I'm getting are very generic:

Failure during execution of operator logic.
node_node2: Player 2 terminated unexpectedly.
node_node1: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
Transformer_1,2: Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node EC07P502 No such file or directory

All of these errors appear several times in the log before the job aborts. There aren't any additional error messages.

I have set $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to True.

Could this be a permissions issue even though we're not getting a permissions error returned in our log?

Thanks in advance,
Heather
what a man is contributes much more to his happiness than what he has, or how he is regarded by others.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

Can you run the job in single node and check?
pandeeswaran
hrthomson
Participant

Post by hrthomson »

pandeesh wrote:Can you run the job in single node and check?
I just ran the job with single node and I get the exact same errors. No more detail given.
what a man is contributes much more to his happiness than what he has, or how he is regarded by others.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

have you checked your scratch disk and other resources space availability?
pandeeswaran
hrthomson
Participant

Post by hrthomson »

The job fails in seconds - there is plenty of space available on the server.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Could this be a permissions-issue? Yes, it could. "No such file or directory" signifies that Your user can't see the file, not necessarily that it is not there. So it may just as well be that You haven't got read permissions on the file or access to the path where the file is located.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
hrthomson
Participant

Post by hrthomson »

I'm not reading or writing any files; I'm reading from one db table and deleting from another. The account running the DS job has DELETE privileges on the table.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your configuration file might have the pathname of scratchdisk directory misspelled. This is one example of something that could cause this symptom.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

For my question, he replied enough space is available.
I dont know where he checked.
May be in some other path rather than scratch disk directory.
pandeeswaran
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

In other cases, I have seen the message "No such file or directory" indicates the file is not found but if the file exists with incorrect permissions then the error will instead indicate a permission problem. Still, it could be permissions.

Is this the first time this job has run in production or did it just recently start to abort?

It may help to open a support case if this is the first time seeing this error.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
hrthomson
Participant

Post by hrthomson »

Thanks for all the replies. I did notice in the job that the config file property was pointing to our UT environment even though the parameter had been set to PR and the job recompiled. I opted to import the job again and reset the config file property. That seemed to do the trick.

Must have been a corrupt job. I imported XML instead of DSX too...not sure it made the difference.

cheers,
Heather
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you import from XML it's a two-stage process under the covers - first the XML is converted into DSX then a "real proper" import is done.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.