Loading to DB2 from dataset file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Loading to DB2 from dataset file

Post by sainath »

Hi

Currently I am inserting data into DB2 from dataset file which is created in perious job and i am getting following errors

Target_table: Schema field xxx_ID in input data set 0 not present in design time information. Extended field properties for this field will not be available.

Target__Table: Schema field xxx in input data set 0 not present in design time information. Extended field properties for this field will not be available.

Target__Table: DB2 function SQLFetch failed: SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = -1,042:
Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred.
SQLSTATE=58004 (CC_DB2Connection::queryServerHostName, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 3,070)

I think it is issue with data files....
Also how can i clean up all the dataset files in server for PX 8,5 jobs
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Loading to DB2 from dataset file

Post by SURA »

It may be because of RCP??

DS User
sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sainath »

Hi

Every day we get this error ,some times we restart the datastage box it fixes this issue...

I jusy want to know how to fix this issue completly ..

is this a DB2 issue or datastage issue ...

please share your views...
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

To clean up datasets, go under the menu (Tools, perhaps) for Dataset Management and delete using that interface.

The DB2 errors given may indicate DB2 has a problem. To narrow it down, next time you get the error and before you restart the DataStage server, I would suggest running a same insert into the same DB2 table manually from outside of DataStage by using a DB2 client or Toad for DB2 from your PC.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius