Can we use schema file, if Source stage is a DB2 EE stage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Can we use schema file, if Source stage is a DB2 EE stage?

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi Folks,

I know that, we can use the schema file if Sequential file is a source. I have a requirement, my source is DB2EE and Target is Sequential file. I have to extract full data from the source tables and needs to load in the file. I have around 100 tables with the same requirement. Instead of creating 100 jobs for 100 tables, I am thinking of using SCHEMA file concept here and create only one generic job parameterise the table name, extract will be simple SELECT * FROM #TABLENAME# and table definition will be sourced from schema file.

My question to DS guru's is, first of all is it possible to do so in DS V 8.5? if not, what will be the alternate approach for the same?
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

The database stages do not support the use of a schema file at runtime. You can, however, supply a schema file to the Sequential File output stage of your job. You will need to enable Runtime Column propagation for the stages in the job.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
blewip
Participant

Re: Can we use schema file, if Source stage is a DB2 EE stag

Post by blewip »

I think what you want to do will be fine.

Just select * from tablename and use RCP.

The database doesn't need a schema file. The sequential file doesn't require a schema file.
Modern Life is Rubbish - Blur
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Can we use schema file, if Source stage is a DB2 EE stag

Post by synsog »

You can do that by making just one generalized job parameterizing table name as well as the filename.
Eg:

Source:SELECT * FROM #TABLENAME#
Tgt:#TABLENAME#_Timestamp.csv