ORA-21561: OID generation failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

djwagner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by djwagner »

Hello, I wanted to share a solution to a problem that used to be happening for us. I saw one other user on here who was having the same issue, but had not found a resolution up to this point.

We are running Datastage Enterprise 8.1 on Windows Server 2003 and were receiving the following error message (plus job aborts) in the Director logs when running more than one instance of jobs that opened a lot of Oracle database connections:

We found that increasing the non-interactive heap size on the server solved this problem. This can be done by the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows

Open this key and modify the _portion_ of the string:
SharedSection=1024,3072,512
to
SharedSection=1024,3072,2048

Note: We jumped from 512 up to 2048. You may want to try going from 512 to 1024 first, to see if it solves your problem before going all the way up to 2048. This is something we should probably go back and do, but it has fallen under our radar since things are working well now.

Hope this helps someone.

David
akash9999
Participant

Re: ORA-21561: OID generation failed

Post by akash9999 »

Hi David,

Could you please let us know about your Oracle Environment and Version.
We are having same problem. Please find our Environment

DataStage 8.1 on Windows 2003 server
Oracle 11g is on Linux

Thanks,
Akash

djwagner wrote:Hello, I wanted to share a solution to a problem that used to be happening for us. I saw one other user on here who was having the same issue, but had not found a resolution up to this point.

We are running Datastage Enterprise 8.1 on Windows Server 2003 and were receiving the following error message (plus job aborts) in the Director logs when running more than one instance of jobs that opened a lot of Oracle database connections:

We found that increasing the non-interactive heap size on the server solved this problem. This can be done by the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows

Open this key and modify the _portion_ of the string:
SharedSection=1024,3072,512
to
SharedSection=1024,3072,2048

Note: We jumped from 512 up to 2048. You may want to try going from 512 to 1024 first, to see if it solves your problem before going all the way up to 2048. This is something we should probably go back and do, but it has fallen under our radar since things are working well now.

Hope this helps someone.

David
djwagner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by djwagner »

Sorry for the delay in responding, as I just saw this when I was browsing for another topic. I do not get email notifications.

To answer your question, we are currently running Oracle 10g on Unix. The setting that I referred to which fixed our problem is on the Datastage (Windows) server.