Routine in DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DINAKAR
Participant

Routine in DS

Post by DINAKAR »

Hi,

I am trying to learn routines in datastage, I went through documentation, Job Developer guide and Advanced job developer guide but could not find more information on it, Could any one point me where in help I can find detail info, I am looking information such as syntax we use while coding routines, different in built functions we can call in routines also I am wondering if it is explained with some sample examples in help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
suryapkakani
Participant

Post by suryapkakani »

Search on Routines and there is innumerable amount of information already availaible.
sunny
vinnz
Participant

Post by vinnz »

Dinakar,
You will find everything you need in the Universe BASIC manuals. These are available on the internet at http://www.rocketsoftware.com/u2/pubs/library/
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The UniVerse manuals are different from DataStage BASIC, the correct manual to use is installed as a PDF along with the client software. But in this case it looks like it is a Parallel Extender question and the routines/functions written for PX are c++ calls and are bound to an executable in a very different manner.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is an excellent training DVD Programming with DataStage BASIC available from the DSXchange Learning Center
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.