Error: Server auth failed or EE authorization failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srividya
Participant

Error: Server auth failed or EE authorization failed

Post by srividya »

Hi all

We are trying to install 7.5 EE on HP-UX 11.31 server. the dump is available in the same server.

We are running into the below error no matter how many times we re-enter the authorization codes.

Error: Server authorization failed or Enterprise Edition authorization failed
We have checked the entries again and again but the same error pops up every time.

is there any thing that we need to re-check. I am doing it for the first time, so i might have missed something silly :roll:

Thanks
Srividya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The licence keys all have precisely eleven characters.

Perhaps one has a trailing "." that you're misinterpreting as a sentence-ending character?

Usually these keys are provided in a form in which numeric characters are shown in italic, so that you can differentiate between upper case "o" and zero, and between lower case "L" and 1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srividya
Participant

Post by srividya »

Thanks ray

I checked for that as well and all the 11 characters are entered properly.
What amazes me is the CPU count is given as 999 .. is it possibel we have such a number for CPU count?

Thanks again
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, CPU=999 is the version 7 way of specifying "enterprise licence". Or, perhaps, you're using the wrong set of licence keys - you get one for your "proof of entitlement" and one real set. Check with your support provider that you're using the correct licences.

Note that the mechanism is totally different in version 8 - among other things no more entering of weird licence keys.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Make sure there's no trailing space at the end, I've had that happen once. And that letters are letters and numbers are numbers, from what I recall the numbers are in italics?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
srividya
Participant

Post by srividya »

Ray

i got it checked again and the people who gave the dump insist that the license keys are correct.

Chulett - We checked it like hundred times to make sure we gave a correct entry

One more think i would like to know is DS 7.5.2 compatible with HP-UX 11.31?
I am trying to google for the information .. found nothing do far :?
Thanks
Srividya
srividya
Participant

Post by srividya »

Hi all

we have got this issue fixed :roll: .. at last !!!!

After denying for 3 weeks :x and making life horrible to me and my Admin, the help desk finally gave us a new license which went through successfully

Out come .. we both have become proficient in downgrading itanium 11.31 servers to 11.23 .. :oops:

Thanks all
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Beware when upgrading to Information Server version 8 - you need to install the 64-bit WebSphere Application Server (and the C++ compiler) before installing Information Server itself.