Problem with Polish characters in Paralle job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sivatallapaneni
Participant

Problem with Polish characters in Paralle job

Post by sivatallapaneni »

I have a problem with one of the job that has CFF stage as source and oracle stage as target. The EBCDIC file has polish characters. NLS is installed on the server and Paralle maps are set to project default ASCL_ISO8859-2 character set which support polish characters.

CFF Stage and oracle stage has project default NLS map set. Did anybody run into the simila issue? what character set should I use if ASCL_ISO8859-2 charaxter set is not right.

Appreciate all the help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Since you didn't explicitly say, what character set does your target Oracle database use?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sivatallapaneni
Participant

Database it self is set to UTF16, But the stage in the job has project default ASCL_ISO8859-2 NLS map.
saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by saraswati »

can you set the nls setting of stages to the one you have in your database
sivatallapaneni
Participant

I tried that too with no luck
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

make a job copy with just the CFF and writing to a sequential file. Does that correctly display the Polish characters? DON'T use "view data".l
sivatallapaneni
Participant

I tried this and polish characters are not coming right. I opened case with IBM and they said I need to check with my source system because I'm getting hex characters 9A and 9B. I know they are not going to give me a solution, We do have a work around, it is to read the file in server job using UTF8 and write it to another file and then use that file in parallel job. I dont like this solution because I might need to modify lot of jobs and we want to avoid using server pallet.

Appreciate if somebody can provide an alternative.