Capturing Partition information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Capturing Partition information

Post by debasisp »

Hi,
I want to get partition information used in a job. Just wondering which Universe table has partition information along with link name in a job.. Or is there any other procedure to get it.

Thanks
Debasis
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Can you please elaborate your requirement. Do you need information about number of partitions or partition number etc.. in your job?. Try exploring System Variable in a transformer stage and see if that helps.
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Read about @numpartition and @partitionnum
Nag
debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by debasisp »

Hi,
I am aware of system variables.. But I need information about partitions (hash, auto,.. etc) used in an existing job. The Universe table which stores this information specific to the job is required..

For ex... If in a job hash, auto, same partitions are used.. Then while exporting the job we could easily figure out in dsx or xml scripts in which link these partitions are used.. Similarly I need information in which Universe table this information is stored based upon the job id.. If there is any please let me know.

Regards
Debasis
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As design information this is not stored in a UniVerse table. Indeed it's not stored anywhere at design time. Partitioning is not determined until runtime, when the conductor process composes the score based upon two files: the osh script generated by compiling the job (which makes no mention of partitions) and the file whose pathname is the value of the APT_CONFIG_FILE environment variable.

At run time, stage and link status (that is, the information reported by Monitor) is stored in the RT_STATUSnnn table for job number nnn. Layout of these records is not documented.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by debasisp »

Thanks Ray for your response.

I understand that at design time these informations are not stored in any of the tables. Lets assume that I designed a job with partitions and saved and compiled it. Then I will take the export of the job in either dsx or xml format... So bit curious to know how the xml and dsx capture partition information ?? From where these exports are getting the partition information?? any UV table or ???
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Show me how the partition information is in an export file, as you claim. Then get yourself a premium membership and read the remainder of my previous post.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by debasisp »

Hi,
I think there is miscommunication. What I want to say is the Orchestrate Tag in a XML export.. I wanted to know from where these information are propagated.. Anyway I got the answer. Thanks Ray for all your valuable inputs... :-).. Be nice...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps you'd like to share the answer, which is the normal convention when marking a DSXchange thread as Resolved.