How to build the process in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

How to build the process in datastage

Post by pradkumar »

Hi Everyone,

We have datastage process that needs to start once after finishing some other process on different server. Lets say process 1 on server A and process 2 ( Datastage ) on Server B. Once the process 1 finishes they will update one of their target table with the current date. Then i need to compare that target table with one of my table and if the newer date is found i need to pull the data from their process. ( I need to start my datastage process) .. Could anyone suggest how to build this process in datastage .. Since i have done using the waitforfile activity stage but not by comparing the table,looking up the date field, looping mechanism etc.
I have searched the forum and found some useful posts .. It would be great if i could get some inputs on this.

Thanks in Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How about YOU start the discussion by revealing what you've discovered to be useful?

There are doubtless myriad approaches to achieving what you seek to do, but the one that is best will depend on many factors about which you have not provided any information, such as the environment, whether files on machine A are visible to machine B easily, and so on.

There is no "one size fits all" solution. Well, there is, but it's not likely to be optimal.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.