File reading error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pravin1581
Premium Member
Premium Member

File reading error

Post by pravin1581 »

Hi All,

We are facing one problem in job. There is a sequential file stage used in the job and when we try to import the data, the job aborts with the following message:-

Code: Select all

Consumed more than 100000 bytes looking for record delimiter; aborting

Basically the records are xml records and everything is read in a single column whose data type has been defined as LongVarchar.

Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think you need to increase 2 environment variable values:

$APT_MAX_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE
$APT_MAX_DELIMITED_READ_SIZE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have specified a delimiter that is not in the data. DataStage has given up searching for the first occurrence of the delimiter, having not found one in the first 100000 bytes of data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
silambarasan
Participant

Post by silambarasan »

ArndW wrote:I think you need to increase 2 environment variable values:

$APT_MAX_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE
$APT_MAX_DELIMITED_READ_SIZE ...
It would be great if anyone can let me know where I can find those environment varaiables
$APT_MAX_DELIMITED_READ_SIZE.
Iam using datastage 7.5.x and I am seeing some environment variables similar to the above but I am not able find the above one.
I am alos getting the same error Consumed more than 100000 bytes looking for record delimiter.
My source file is actually a binary file and it doesnt have any limiter and I dont give any delimiter as well in the format but my job throws this error.
please let me know on how to solve it

Thanks,
Silambu