creating a sequential file with ^] as a column delimiter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

madog
Charter Member
Charter Member

creating a sequential file with ^] as a column delimiter

Post by madog »

Hi all,

I am trying to create a sequential file using ^] (Control ]) as a field delimiter. however this results in 2 characters (^ and ]) when i check the output unix file. what i did was,
1st test, simply putting ^ and ] together as a string in the field delimiter under sequential file properties. output: ^] as 2 characters at the end of each field in the file.
2nd test, typed ^] in the unix (which is only 1 character) and copy, paste in the field delimiter under sequential file properties. output: still ^] as 2 characters at the end of each field in the file.
What do i need to do in Datastage under sequential file stage to produce 1 character ^] as a field delimiter?!? Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If memory serves me, ^] is the Esc character. You can specify this as 027 (its ASCII code, in decimal).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
madog
Charter Member
Charter Member

how do enter the ESC character in the sequential file stage?

Post by madog »

Hi Ray,

with the Esc character, when i go into the sequential file stage properties -> Format -> field delimiter, tried to enter ESC key, it just escaped the property screen? what am i suppose to do with that.

and to specify this as 027 (its ASCII code, in decimal), what options under the format of sequential file properties do i need to add?
Do i just enter 027 under the delimiter section? can you underline what exactly i need to do? Thanks very much for the help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: how do enter the ESC character in the sequential file st

Post by chulett »

madog wrote:Do i just enter 027 under the delimiter section?
Yes, that's exactly what he means.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers