No project found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Karine
Participant

No project found

Post by Karine »

Hi,
My installation of datastage on a standalone 2k3 machine was successfully but I was not able to find or logon to the project i created at installation.
When I logon as datastage administrator and try to create a new project i got the following error:
Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR.ADMIN (Action=20). check Datastage is set up correctly in project UV (Subroutine failed to complete succesfully (30107)).

Have anyone encountered this problem before and could enlighten me how to fix it. What did I do wrong at installation or configuration.

Thanks in advance.
Karine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What authentication are you using in Information Server? How is that user ID credentialled with respect to DataStage role(s)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Karine
Participant

Post by Karine »

Internal security in Information Server and I assigned suite Administrator role and DS and QS Administrator suite components to it
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Karine,
I've just been at a site which had the same error; although this was on UNIX. A lot of experimentation and changes didn't work. Even the command-line based admin didn't work correctly. Finally support came up with a series of commands that would let a project be created; but after that worked they tried using the admin tool again and {magically} it worked, so nobody is quite sure of which change solved the issue. Most of the changes were with users, roles & access rights.
If you can login to the default project that you created at installation then you might have the same problem and should contact your support provider.
If you cannot login to a project then you most likely have a more mundance issue, such as the installation not having been as successful as initially supposed.
Karine
Participant

Post by Karine »

I cannot even see the default project created on DS Administrator client or on the web/information server console. I could see that project directory was created successfully though on my box. I could not even create a new project on the information server console.
I'll contact support and report back..but in the meantime if anyone had encounter this and solve the problem, please let me know.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This sounds like a different issue. Can you go to your Designer/Director, enter just the domain:9080/userid/password and click on the drop-down box to get a list of project? Do you see your default or get an error?
Karine
Participant

Post by Karine »

The project drop down is blank.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hmmm... what about your default project? If you do a command line "dsadmin -listprojects" what do you see?
Karine
Participant

Post by Karine »

reply nothing . Status=0
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

if "ps -ef | grep ds" shows at least a "dsrpcd" then it is time to call support.
Karine
Participant

Post by Karine »

It did. Thanks very much for your help.
chenli
Participant

Post by chenli »

Karine wrote:It did. Thanks very much for your help.
Hi Karine, I met the same issue, did you find a solution? thanks