Job got struck

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job got struck

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
I ran a job earlier it work fine. Now I ran the same job but it got struck. It locked the DB2 table as well as job. This is my key job based on which all other jobs are dependents.
Can any body tell me how can I Kill it. I want to kill it. But I didn't get the proper PID for this.
Can you tell me what are the sequence of steps required to clear this problem?
I tried to stop from DataStage director as well as from command prompt. But still struck.

Thanks
Kavuri
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Seach the forum on keywords 'Job lock'.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You NEVER kill DataStage processes.

It may be that there are none, and the status was never updated. Search the forum for "Clear status file".

You can also use the DS.TOOLS menu to determine whether there are, in fact, any processes associated with the job. This menu also includes options for logging those processes out (gracefully).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sourav
Participant

Re: Job got struck

Post by Sourav »

kavuri wrote:Hi,
I ran a job earlier it work fine. Now I ran the same job but it got struck. It locked the DB2 table as well as job. This is my key job based on which all other jobs are dependents.
Can any body tell me how can I Kill it. I want to kill it. But I didn't get the proper PID for this.
Can you tell me what are the sequence of steps required to clear this problem?
I tried to stop from DataStage director as well as from command prompt. But still struck.

Thanks
Kavuri
Hi Friend ,

As per you concerned , Kindly go the clean resources in Datastage Director and you can find that particular job process ID then click log out on that windows and otherwise you can kill that job through below mentioned Unix command .
ps -ef | grep Job name and it will show that particular JOB process ID and then put command like kill -9 PID [ Forces fully kill ] .

If it is not sufficient to kill that job then go to that Datastage Administrative and see that User ID whoever else locked that job by unprofessionally . Then you shuld release that User ID

For DB2 table locked then kindly contact with your DBA guys and they can do the needful step for the same .
ArndW
Participant

Re: Job got struck

Post by ArndW »

Sourav wrote:...ps -ef | grep Job name and it will show that particular JOB process ID and then put command like kill -9 PID [ Forces fully kill ] .
Don't do this. It will mess up the lock tables, and unless your deadlock daemon picks it up you might have to restart DataStage. Using `kill -9' is only to be used as a last resort when nothing else will work.