DS Admin client access

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS Admin client access

Post by lgharis »

I would like to know if anyone has implemented a method to limit access to the settings set by the DS Admin client. I know most of the settings are in a Params file that is owned by uid/gid - "dsadm"/"dstage". I know we could remove write permissions for the group but that would mean only dsadm could make any changes. We want some of the developers to be able to make Env variable changes and not have to contact the DS admins. So that eliminates that possibility.

We could also create an id and put it in a group with "Operator" access. That would keep them from logging on with the DS Admin client. But the AD team wants those people to be able to see the Env variables.

I guess what they want is to have a id/group be able to see the info in the Admin client but not be able to make changes to any ( or at least most ) of the settings. I cannot thing of a method to accomplish this.

Does DS 8 have any ability to set this type of granularity? I know there are more types of users in version 8.
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX