Unknown errors from Dataset.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

Unknown errors from Dataset.

Post by xinhuang66 »

I encountered the error a few times in our projects.

When I created a dataset in my job, it is OK without any warning. Sometimes after the job finished,

I just want to view the dataset by Data set management tools in Designer. Sometimes, I got a pop up error message "Unknown error". And it still comes up with the dataset view windows, but with no information.

Even in such a scenario, I put the dataset into a job, sometimes the job can still run and read the dataset .

Anybody else met the same scenario, and how to deal with it usually ?

By the way, I got another weired case.
When I write the file name, I put a space in the middle of file name like 'a bce.ds'. DS can create a file with that name successfully, but unix will not recognize it even if I put a single quote for the name .

Anybody knows how to delete such a dataset with spaces in its names.

Thanks a lot !
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

For both the viewing and deletion I would try using the "orchadmin" tool from the UNIX command line. I have seen the error you mentioned before, but can't recall what the cause was - but I do recall getting everything done via orchadmin. I know you can delete the dataset with embedded spaces in the name from the command line using single quotes. You might also try "\ " from the graphical tool to see if that works.
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

what directory is the orchadmin tools ?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The orchadmin program will be in the $PXHOME/bin directory and that path (and associated libraries) should be set by the "dsenv" script.